Well. Have to follow up yesterdays posts with what I miss and liked about Europe. I already miss Europe- so so much.
- Not getting stared at when I gave myself a shot or checked my blood sugar – I didn’t feel like I was constantly being watched or judged while I was doing any of these things. I didn’t feel judged if someone happened to glance over, and if they did- they wouldn’t just stare at me either!
- Not getting rude comments or questions about what I was doing or about my Diabetes
- How much better the food overall is for you. Less salt in the food (at least in Paris), less chemicals and preservatives in the food (I knew what all the ingredients were- no read words). less sugar. less crap basically.
- I know this is probably a city thing, and I’m pretty sure it is a very Southern concept- but here I don’t like waving and smiling at complete strangers all the time. I also don’t like that if I am in my “I’m on a mission and I need to get somewhere or do something” zone, stopping and talking to someone to chat- If i have the time sure, but if I’m late or don’t have the time- I hate that I am considered rude if I do not. If my headphones are in, I’m in the zone. In Paris, none of this is a thing! Thank goodness. You mind your business and keep going. I don’t have to constantly smile and wave all the time (probably a southern thing too- Kind of wish I was into it).
- the chocolate and desserts
- The common availability of Nutella Banana Crepes
- the metro system
- less judgment
- different way of lifestyle
- ease of travel overall – going to different countries- etc
- being in a city with so much to look at and do
- Being surrounded by so much history
- meeting people from all walks of life
- Picnics by the Eiffel Tower
- prices on the outside of restaurants
- Just the city in general. Just Europe in general.
- The people I met and got to know.
Love, Words, Insulin, and Inspiration! – Until Next time! and Until there’s a cure!
Hey you! Yes, you!
If you enjoyed this post, please comment and share. I’d also appreciate your feedback.
and of course-don’t forget to keep up with “There’s More to the Story” via email! (Right sidebar towards the top).