Life. Well. Shit happens.
And I love this topic because it kind of relates to the title of my blog- there are always other things going on and who knows what will change and when- am I right? I’m always a fan of those memes about the number of things that impact diabetes (the giant books and lists that go for days!)
My anxiety so plays a role in all of this with the unexpected, and when the unexpected happens, I try my best to find humor if possible. (Or rant on twitter). Whatever works right?
I think I’d like to talk through both directions of this topic!
What are your best tips for being prepared when the unexpected happens?
So. What are my tips?
- Be prepared
- Have extras!!!!
- Give yourself some credit because we all make mistakes.
- Have people you can count on.
- Try to find the humor in it.
- Self-care yo!
- Know where you are in life! Teen? Life changes? This will add to the unexpected. And let’s be real- makes it more likely to happen
- Related to that point. LIFE HAPPENS!!!!!
- ALSO- Diabetes Blog Week 2016- Tips and Tricks for Day 5!
Or, take this topic another way and tell us about some good things diabetes has brought into your, or your loved one’s, life that you never could have expected?
WOAH. Where do I start? Of course, I have to start with camp! Because. Really. They’re my family. I wouldn’t have one if it wasn’t for them. Honestly the biggest thing I could think of. Of course I go into passion, direction of life, sticking up for myself, people I know all across the country, the works.
Diabetes Blog Week Day 1: Diabetes and The Unexpected – Monday 5/15: Diabetes can sometimes seem to play by a rulebook that makes no sense, tossing out unexpected challenges at random. What are your best tips for being prepared when the unexpected happens? Or, take this topic another way and tell us about some good things diabetes has brought into your, or your loved one’s, life that you never could have expected? (Thank you, Heather, for inspiring this topic!)
You can find the other posts for today, here.
andddd- here’s the participant list!
- #DBlogWeek Day 2: The Cost of Diabetes
- #DBlogWeek Day 3: The Blame Game
- #DBlogWeek Day 4: #TBT: What Brings Me Down
- #DBlogWeek Day 5: More Than Diabetes
Hey you! Yes, you!
If you enjoyed this post, please comment and share. I’d also appreciate your feedback.
and of course-don’t forget to keep up with “There’s More to the Story” via email! (Right sidebar towards the top).