Topic: Yesterday we opened up about how diabetes can bring us down. Today let’s share what gets us through a hard day. Or more specifically, a hard diabetes day. Is there something positive you tell yourself? Are there mantras that you fall back on to get you through? Is there something specific you do when your mood needs a boost? Maybe we’ve done that and we can help others do it too? (Thanks to Meri of Our Diabetic Life for suggesting this topic.)
Basically all my favorite quotes or quotes I like are located on this board! I’ll get to my favorite quotes that get me through life in a moment.
But what I do when the world is getting me down or I’m having a rough day- not just Diabetes- but life in general.
- I run
- I read
- I work- yes, it’s a weird- but if I’m having a bad day, and I have to “fake it till I make it” at work- because I have to be nice since I’m a server. Usually, it’ll get my mind off things. I also enjoy making people’s days a little better.
- I clean.
- I rant.
- I get spunky and sassy about my causes- Dawgs for Diabetes, etc- I’ll do even more or throw myself into it- makes me feel better- especially diabetes related.
- I also go to my camp family as well when it is Diabetes related.
- -honestly depends on the mood.
- the biggest thing I do is to focus on the little things. The Little Things- they make all the difference.
Now words to live by, I have a section under my blog- under construction Words to Live By
“it’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”-Walt Disney
“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.”-Robert Frost
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” Eleanor Roosevelt
“unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing is going to get better, it’s not.”- The Lorax
“If you are absent during my struggle don’t expect to be present during my success.”- Will Smith
“In three words I can sum up everything I know about life: it goes on.”-Robert Frost
plus so many more quotes
Love, Words, Inspiration, and Insulin! -Until next time! and until there’s a cure!
Hey you! Yes, you!
If you enjoyed this post, please comment and share. I’d also appreciate your feedback.
and of course-don’t forget to keep up with “There’s More to the Story” via email! (Right sidebar towards the top).