So it’s time for my second “Bi-Weekly Catch-Up” for March 26-April 8. (You can find last week’s here!) Now in my little corner of the world… I had three nights of poor sleep (1st night because of diabetes. 2nd night because of period. and 3rd night because of anxiety insomnia). Then I got sick. Plus had a not so great week over all… but the week before went pretty well.
I also realized I had an ENTIRE month without a doctors’ appointment. WAIT WHAT. THIS IS UNREAL. I cannot even remember the last time this happened. (Yay for the little things!)
- “28 Feminist Memes That Are Actually Hilariously Accurate” from Buzzfeed. (The bra strap and cursing one really gets me!)
- I do LOVE 90’s country music– just not the same anymore.
- I took the “Legally Blonde” quiz and aced it- but I also barely had to read the questions…? I’ll never think I’ve watched it too much though!
- Speaking of “Legally Blonde” (and another fav- “Supernatural”)
- I’ll just leave this here…
- I love this cat!
- When the T has problems… the tweets are entertaining
- Go Dawgs!
All About Me
- Thanks Diabetes Daily for sharing “Having a Chronic Illness Doesn’t Mean You Have to Be Extreme” and “Mental Health Providers and Diabetes: We Need Better Access.”
- My latest post on DiabetesSisters is up!
- The Mighty published my post “9 Things I Do When My Illnesses Make Me Want to Scream.”
- One of my best friends from childhood, Malcom!- he’s chasing his dreams and released a new single! (He’s a pretty amazing “Type 3” too!)
- Diabetes Mine included me in their monthly roundup of their favorites for March!
- Insulin Nation shared an older article that is a good reminder that when it comes to T1D and eating disorders, it isn’t always Diabulimia.
- I SO agreed with Molly- it is okay to be mad at your diabetes!
- It does really hit me/bother me/hurt when someone says at least it’s not cancer- especially because I have been impacted by it. I really appreciate this post.
- Ginger’s book’ “Pregnancy with Type 1 Diabetes” (a month to month guide throughout the pregnancy is now available!
- I really appreciate the love the DOC sent my way when I missed DSMA. ❤
- Ummm… It snowed… In April??? That was a first for me… but I might have missed it because I was in NYC for about 24 hours. But the memes that come from snow… crack me up.
- Poor GA… 1-85 fire… weather… (and more) hit within days… glad the people in my life are okay! But I’m glad I don’t have to deal with the traffic there….
You Do You!
Melissa Lee shared this photo with me- and I’m definitely a fan of the work! I really appreciated the photos related to being single and child-free.
This photo really hit home for me- I’m not close with my blood relatives. I’ve created my own family. Whenever I hear comments like “blood is thicker than water.” Sometimes it stings a little bit, but I have learned that isn’t always about blood.
(snoop dog sing)
We do need intersectionality!
Hey you! Yes, you!
If you enjoyed this post, please comment and share. I’d also appreciate your feedback.
and of course-don’t forget to keep up with “There’s More to the Story” via email! (Right sidebar towards the top).